Thursday, November 29, 2012

Today

It seems like I didn't do much today, slept a lot, actually fell back asleep and didn't wake up til late... so unproductive of me... Bad Bad Bad

But if I think about it really, I just didn't do much Tasking.  Like cleaning, or washing, or rearranging. 

I actually had a little chat with an old friend who is now a surgeon, just starting his practice, and had the chance to remind him that he is missed, he is thought well of, and that there is a plan for him, even with kinks and bumps in the road.

I found my dress pants.... ;)  and wore them, to the funeral home.  To see an old old friend, well, his family really, since it was his funeral. 

I did manage to put a chicken pot pie in the oven for dinner. 
I talked to my in-laws.
Talked to a man about selling an old van we have. (he'll be back tomorrow)
Wished my cousin a Happy Birthday on FB, and sent her a couple reminders of the 'old days'.
Paid a bill that was late.
Reset some banking passwords so I could get into the account, finally.
Talked to another friend about meditation class, and how we can get together next week.

And have been thinking about how all kinds of old friends come out to see someone that has died.  I used to think that was weird, but I see now it is a way of reconnecting.  To the days that have gone by, when we were young, and carefree and pure.  Well, as pure as elementary school children are... Those memories we have locked up in our hearts and our heads start bubbling to the surface when poked by death.  The I remembers, and Do you remembers start breaking through, and then we can TALK about them, with the people that Actually remember .... It is really so much fun, and so trip back in time-ish....

And of course, everyone doesn't remember everything, or was even involved in Every Thing, but the ambiance, the reminiscence, the purity of the time comes back, and for a moment, bathes you in the freshness of your own innocence.  So sweet, so touching.... Thank  you Jeff. <3

I guess I did do a little today, good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment